Certificate in Elder Care Coordination (CECC) Online Program
The Spring 2018 Course ended on May 13, 2018
Congraulations to the 2018 ECC Certuficate Receipients:
• Andrea Barnhard | Wanderpolo & Siegel | Livingston NJ
• Laura Buck | Clinkscales Elder Law Practice | Pratt KS
• Nancy Carman | Fendrick & Morgan LLC | Vorhees NJ
• Gena Cimaroli | Legacy Law Firm LLC | Somonauk IL
• Barbara Corbin | Senior Law Solutions | Eclectic AL
• Aliza Elliott | Estate & Elder Law Planning Center/Drake Law Firm | Mountain Home AR
• Happiness Emejuru | Legacy Estate Planning, LLC | Woodbridge VA
• Janice Fitchhorn | Rachel A. Truhlsen Estate Planning and Elder Law Center | Blair NE
• Kathryne Foutain | Senior Law Solutions | Pike Road AL
• Laura Ann Gall | The Estate & Elder Law Center of Southside Virginia | Bassett VA
• Ryvonda Haley | The Estate & Elder Law Center of Southside Virginia | Bassett VA
• Andrea Kalligheri | Life Care Planning Law Group, PLLC | Salem MA
• Erin Lamon | Kentucky ElderLaw, PLLC | Louisville KY
• Sandra L'Italien | Life Care Planning Law Group, PLLC | Beverly MA
• Kim Ong | Rulon & Adamshick LLC | Honolulu HI
• Danielle Salley | Rothkoff Law Group | Cherry Hill NJ
• Stephanie Lynn Stephens | Senior Law Solutions | Pike Road AL
• Dawn Usher | Elder Law of Middle Tennessee | Lebanon TN
The Life Care Planning Law Firms Association (LCPLFA) in collaboration with The Stockton Center on Successful Aging at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey is pleased to announce another convenient and flexible training program for Elder Care Coordinators to begin in January, 2019.
This online/distance learning program is designed to provide health and social services professionals, including social workers, counselors and nurses, serving as Elder Care Coordinators within the life care planning law firm, the tools and support needed to promote best practices. Elder Care Coordinators (ECCs) help to enhance quality of life along the elder care continuum by working in concert with a multidisciplinary, holistic law firm organization, other provider organizations and family caregivers.
The Certificate covers the building blocks of what ECCs do within the firm, supplies a solid foundation in the law behind life care planning and community caregiving, provides knowledge on the aging process and skills in proper/appropriate treatment and referrals. The course will enrich ECCs’ abilities to help clients and families identify care problems and assist in solving them, and provide professional recognition for their role within the community.
The Certificate in Elder Care Coordination (CECC) can be completed in 15 weeks and consists of 3 courses, each lasting 5 weeks. Offered through the online Blackboard Course Management System, instruction each week includes one or more PowerPoint Lectures/Units (some with voiceover and video clips), assigned readings, bulletin-board style discussions, additional readings and links to online resources. The program is “asynchronous” so the participant can decide when each week to log on to complete each Unit. A PC, Mac, or iPad/Tablet with Internet is required for participation. (Broadband is preferred, but not necessary).
Registration Fee is $1200.00 $150 Early Bird Registration Discount ($1050).
Required Text: Cress, C.J. (2012). Handbook of Geriatric Care Management (3rd Ed). NY: Jones and Bartlett. Purchase from online vendor. $ 95.00 (approximate)
CLICK HERE for Useful Course Links including a Complete Course Outline, Staff Bios and Registration Info
Here’s what former trainees had to say:
“I have always had a strong sense of advocacy for my clients. This course helped me identify more areas and topics that I also need to include in my interactions with family and facilities.”
“The course enhanced my “toolbox” of resources. It was reinforcement of my knowledge, skills and principles of practice. It has made me more mindful about doing complete assessments and of my documentation. Much of it was basic to those of us in the field for many years, however, I never presume to think that I know it all and I appreciate the reinforcement of knowledge.”
“This course was great. It was what I like: organized, clear cut, presented nicely, multiple media presentations. Don’t change a thing!”
Don’t Wait! Enhance your Staff’s Skills and your Life Care Planning Law Firm’s Capacity and Marketing Efforts Now!